Welcome to the website of the GOGREEN Project!
The GoGreen project is a 24 month initiative co-funded by the European Commission, under the Directorate Education and Culture. It is implemented by eleven partners from Greece, Italy, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey.
The project focuses on the delivery of a personalized “Green Training Programme”, aiming to improve the knowledge and the skills of entrepreneurs and professionals related to the effective introduction and management of green business practices.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- Raise the environmental awareness of entrepreneurs and managers and to encourage them to engage in environmentally responsible practices and operations
- Develop an audit tool for assessing generic and context specific training gaps and to identify and analyse the training needs of the target group in the involved countries related to the design and implementation of innovative environmental-friendly processes, products and services; and, use the survey results to perform the first international comparative analysis of the nature and degree of financial illiteracy and the associated consumers’ training needs.
- Develop training modules and produce an online integrated platform to fully support SMEs address environmental issues affecting their business; and, train trainers from the partner countries to administer these modules.
- Provide a personalized sustainability and environmental roadmap that acts as an educational engine and resource guide in the field.
- Create Green Business Bureaus inside the Chambers for the conduct of the GoGreen Training Programme and the further exploitation of its results.
- Establish a Certification Scheme for SMEs that participate in the training programme and improve their green business operations (“Going greener Excellency Badge”).
- Support the cascade of knowledge to the staff of SMEs in order to increase employee awareness and professional skills.
- And last, but not least, provide a catalyst to encourage lifelong learning and exchange of best practices.
GoGreen has been developed by a transnational consortium specifically set up for the purpose of implementing the project. It involves eleven (11) organisations from six (6) countries with complementary expertise. Namely, the CHAMBER OF ARKADIA (Greece) which is the Project Leader, ALLWEB SOLUTIONS SA (Greece), MILITOS EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES & SERVICES (Greece), ROMA TRE UNIVERSITY (Italy), EUROSPORTELLO Consorzio Eurosportello Confesercenti (Italy), CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY OF VALENCIA (Spain), SCIENTER España (Spain), ARAD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INDUSTRY & AGRICULTURE (Romania), BICC-SANDANSKI (Bulgaria), ISTANBUL CHAMBER OF INDUSTRY (Turkey), and IZMIR CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (Turkey).